I am just back from a quick trip to London to speak at a conference organized by the London Middle East Institute, which is part of SOAS. Check out Marc Lynch’s roundup here. My talk was an expansion of my article from the last Arab Media & Society on social media in the Gaza conflict. I expanded it a bit to talk about the larger uptake of Facebook in the Arab world, particularly Egypt. A few people have asked me for my paper (which I haven’t actually written yet) but I did clean up my presentation notes a bit. Click here to read them (PDF).
- Magazine Runs Article About Louis C.K. onion.com/112z7iS via @TheOnion* 2 weeks ago
- RT @nfm: .@HamzawyAmr calls for a popular campaign to stop the #NGOLaw in #Egypt bit.ly/165HMSs* 2 weeks ago
- RT @ecommercefuel: "How to Write Cool Copy for Unsexy Stuff | The Daily Egg" feedly.com/k/17iNMDp* 2 weeks ago
- RT @arabist: New post: In Translation: At Muqattam - arabist.net/blog/2013/4/29…* 2 weeks ago
- RT @abumuqawama: RT @TheOnion Obama Orders Reinvasion Of Iraq After Illuminating Trip Through Bush Presidential Library http://t.co/pfANQQ4…* 3 weeks ago